Thursday, September 20, 2012

Does any one have any good pointers for me on the Nikon D5100?

I bought my Nikon D5100 this past saturday and I have been reading the manual. I am a beginner, to say the least but I would like to have a few pointers or some advice on my dlsr. Like, what mode seems to work for portraits outside and inside? RAW vs JPG? Little quirks and tid bits like so is what I am interested in. I know as I go, I will learn on my own but advice couldnt harm me.My sister in law wants me to take a few pictures this weekend for fun, but I would like to have someones opinion on a setting to start off on.
Thanks!
Added (1). I forgot to add, that I do have another lens I bought with it, all in a bundle package.It is the 55-200mm.
>>> Does any one have any good pointers for me on the Nikon D5100?