Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Which lenses and camera for short films?

I was just wondering which lenses and camera should I get, as im stuck choosing them for making short films, music videos, may be you could help.
Now I have nikkor 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, Carl zeiss 50mm 1.4
I probably will get cropped sensor camera as its so cheap - 600D (altho Im hesitating between 5d ii, but I will get camera man when filming and they normally have there own cameras, so not sure… )
And was thinking of getting 21mm, 35mm Carl Zeiss ZF lenses, have them cine modified, but they are a bit expensive, for getting them I have to "sell my kidneys"
Is it actually ok to shoot 1 film with vintage nikon+carl zeiss mixed? Like wide angle shots all with nikkon and close ups with zeiss. Zeiss has more cine look, wich Im after, I do not want to have video look, at all!!!
Shell I just get 28mm to my 50mm zeiss and 20mm nikkor and it will cover pretty much, but Im not sure if its ok mixing them in 1 project.

Thank you for your time!
Margo
>>> Which lenses and camera for short films?