Saturday, October 27, 2012

Advice on going for a DSLR?

So I've been mulling this over for a few months but I'm going to get a DSLR. I've grown sick of getting back uploading my photos and thinking "that's not what it looked like". The one I've decided on is the Nikon d3100, seems like a pretty good entry level DSL but I'm now being baffled by all the add ons.
I'm going to Paris for my birthday next month and obviously would like to take the camera, as you can imagine funds are tight too because I'm saving for my holiday. Now I keep being told I need to buy extras for it like tripods and UV filters (some people say UV filters are completely pointless on modern DSLRs too)

What do I actually need to buy with the camera to take some nice photos in night and day?
>>> Advice on going for a DSLR?