Friday, October 19, 2012

Buying my first DSLR, any advice?

I'm looking to upgrade to a DSLR and I'm slightly overwhelmed by all the options there are.
My main focus would be on still photos, I don't do much video wise, I mainly take macro, nature and landscape photos, so I want to go with a brand that's not going to cost me a fortune in lenses.So far I'm thinking I'll get either a Nikon or Canon as these are the ones that have been recommended to me the most in the past.
My main focus is on image quality and I want to be able to get some of my shots blown up and printed in the future. I also want something that gives me a lot of manual options so I can get a bit more creative than with current camera.
I'm budgeting a maximum of $1000 but would prefer to pay around $800 if possible. I've been saving up for a long time and won't be upgrading again any time soon so I need something that is good value for money and will last me a long time.
I also like underwater photography (I currently have a compact underwater camera which is pretty crap) so if I can get a camera that has the option of buying a underwater case for it that would be a bonus.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thankyou in advance :)
>>> Buying my first DSLR, any advice?