Saturday, October 20, 2012

How to become a successful film director?

I will be a successful film director. I have the initiative and ambitious desire to create and portray stories that bring out emotions never felt before. I do not care if it takes 22 hour work days or buy assholes coffee in order to network. This all must be a necessary sacrifice. I having nothing holding me back from where I am living, so I am open to traveling.

I am 17 and a senior in high school.My GPA is 3.5, my ACT score is 28, I am a member of the NHS, and I am taking my SAT the 27th.My senior courses are Photography, AP Art History, Art 4, Graphic Design, AP Calculus, and English 4.My previous courses throughout my life have been honor classes.

Should I go an art college to study film producing/directing? Or one that focuses more on liberal arts? People tell me not to pay for film school, for you can learn everything utilizing the internet. I look at it as you are going to college AND PAYING FOR CONNECTIONS; which in the end getting a job interning would recompense. I stay up to all hours of the night figuring out what is the best way to become a successful director/producer with a consistent income to pay back my loans. Living near Canton, Ohio, I have looked into University of Southern California, New York Film Academy, SCAD, and Bowling Greens University. I went to the National Art Portfolio day to visit art colleges such as the Pratt Institute, VCUarts, CIA, and CCAD. I strongly believe due to my portfolio and what they critiqued, I could get into any of these art colleges.

I am currently recording/directing/producing a short film using a Nikon D7000, and editing it with Adobe Premier.My best friend is in a band and can design the soundtrack.

Having 20, 000 saved up with the potential to get scholarships from my hard work in academics, should money hinder me from going to New York or California? L. A.is where that industry is. That is where I can go to make stories with universal themes, so more people can relate. Would going to New York hinder me from only seeing my highest publicity at SUNDANCE. I would just want more publicity than Sundance and making indie movies. Should I study film at an art institute? With my financial situation of only 20, 000, should I major in something else to save for film college? Is there an advantage of going at such a young age? What a stressful gamble this is.
5 hours ago - 4 days left to answer.
>>> How to become a successful film director?