Thursday, October 4, 2012

Is it normal for Nikon 10-24mm to have air bubbles?

I was excited to but a super wide angle lens (Nikkor 10-24) which cost $820) for my nikon but to my suprise found air bubbles inside the glass… this is not in the central part but rather where outer circle of glass fuses with the black plastic on the inside components.Im wondering if this is normal or not… So far the images Ive taken seem fine. Please leave your comments.

***Wondering if anyone who owns the lens can tell me***
See pictures here:
http://www.anthonymickealphotography.com/1/post/2012/10/bubbles-inside-my-new-nikon-10-24mm.html
Added (1). I was just wondering if exchanging it will give me the same thing… maybe its nikons standard for this model (because it happens where the glass fuses with the plastic internly, Anyways Im having Amazon replace it and will update you guys…
>>> Is it normal for Nikon 10-24mm to have air bubbles?