Thursday, October 25, 2012

Nikon D300 (s) vs D7000?

I will soon be upgrading to one of these cameras. Please don't suggest I switch to Canon, Pentax, or Sony. I already have Nikon gear, so I'm sticking with the one brand. I shoot alot of my kids sporting events: Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Wrestling. I will be using a Nikon 80-200 AF f2.8 lens. I have done extensive research on these two cameras, and I am stuck as to which one will be best for me. I realize that the D7000 is a newer design, higher MP (which I'm not concerned about in the least), and better low light performance. What I am looking for is someone who has had real world experience with both models. All other things being equal, I would buy the D7000, but it just seems by the specs that the 300(s) is better suited for sports with better auto focus, a bigger heavier body to help control the heavy lens, & easier ergonomics for adjustments on the go. I am not worried about IQ of one vs the other. I have been using a D100 for the last, well forever, and I get excellent results from that camera, so either of the new ones should do as far as that is concerned. Also, I don't really care about video. I have an HD video camera.
>>> Nikon D300 (s) vs D7000?