Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Canon T3i DSLR or a $500 camcorder, which is better for video?

I have heard a lot of great things about the T3i for shooting video, especially when compared to camcorders of a similar price range (~$500-600). Especially in regards to image quality and video and audio flexibility.

What is your impression? Is there a decent camcorder in that price range (or less) which is better for shooting video than the T3i?

Mind you, I mean BETTER, not "EASIER". I know the camcorders are more compact and more automated. I want something to create BETTER video, without getting into a semi-pro video camera (which costs MUCH more).

I want to separate the hype from the facts.

Also, if you know of a better DSLR for video than the T3i, also in the sub-$1000 market, say by Nikon or whatever, please feel free to recommend that, too.
>>> A Canon T3i DSLR or a $500 camcorder, which is better for video?