Saturday, November 17, 2012

Do I need to pay tax if i want to delivery my UK bought camera back to UK?

Hi everyone,

I used to bought a Nikon D90 SLR camera in Argos Liverpool, and once when I went back to my country, China, I left it home. Now I want my parents to send it back to me. The question is: since this camera was bought in UK (I don't know if the receipt is in the box but it definitely has a UK MPN), do I need to pay tax when it went through custom clearance? Thanks guys.
Added (1). Thank you Mike for your answer, but if I am going to take it back myself I won't bother asking a question here, the problem is I am currently in England, and the camera needs to be delivered from China to me, I wonder if I need to explain this to UK custom to get a tax exempt.
>>> Do I need to pay tax if i want to delivery my UK bought camera back to UK?