Saturday, November 3, 2012

How compatible are different lenses between competing DSLRs?

I'm looking into getting a DSLR and getting current, but I can't afford much this time around. I'd like to get something that works that's decent, but I know from my film days that the lens tends to make the camera. But I don't want to go with a mid-level camera body, get a great lens, then find out that they don't work together. Heard about different thread patterns, compatabilities, etc. But nobody seems to advertise that their lenses only work with their cams. Looking between everything from Canon to Nikon to Sony to Pentax to Olympus. Oh… it was so much simpler with my standard film SLR. :-)
Added (1). Need to know that if I buy a body… do I need to worry about getting a new lens?
>>> How compatible are different lenses between competing DSLRs?