Saturday, November 10, 2012

How to start a career in adventure photography? What kind of equipment would I need?

I like climbing mountains, hiking, and trekking. I'm thinking that I'd like to take a year or two to travel and take pictures and try to start a career in adventure photography. I met a famous climber/photographer and it looked really great.

What kind of equipment would I need? The photographer that I talked to used the older versions of the Nikon D800 and Canon 5D Mark III. I was also looking at the Sony a99. What are some good lenses to have? For example, if I went on a climb or trek and only wanted to bring what I needed? I would bring maybe a couple prime, a zoom and a wide angle? I was also looking at Sony NEX cameras.

Would this be an interesting thing to try? I don't really have a career. I have anxiety issues. I'd like to find something that will make me happy.
>>> How to start a career in adventure photography? What kind of equipment would I need?