Monday, November 19, 2012

SLR Pictures Not As Good As Point and Shoot?

I owned a Sony CyberShot HX200V until a few days ago when I upgraded to a Nikon D5100. I cannot for the life of me re-create the same clarity, crispness, focus, color, noise level, etc on this SLR. I was outdoors in the shade with some sun peaking through. I'm not a great photographer, but what is going on with this camera? I am so frustrated right now that a "professional" camera takes worse pictures than my Sanyo pocket camera! Does anyone have any info about this camera or possibly what settings could be wrong or what I am doing wrong? Indoor, the SLR pictures are BY FAR better - but outdoors, no thanks! I don't know whether to return the SLR and stick with the p&s or keep trying. If I keep trying - what am I doing wrong???
Added (1). I am in all modes - manual, auto, different scenes, everything. I know a little about photography - I'm not some stupid person who knows nothing - but I don't know everything. I tried today to play with the aperture, ISO, and shutter speed.My lens is set to auto focus, but every picture comes out blurry out of focus and extremely blurry when you zoom in (on the computer). Also, the few pictures I got where my subject was (almost) in focus - the background was just a huge mess of a blur! When I got home, uploaded to my computer and zoomed in and it's terrible. Can't even see a watch on their arm, buttons become one big mess at about 50% zoom, no clarity what-so-ever. Now, my p&s, perfect every time! I'm trying to figure out what setting could be off to cause this, if any - or possibly, since I was in Auto several times and they are messed up could it be the camera? Or just me not 100% knowing how to use this camera/being efficient with it. The indoor pictures look a
>>> SLR Pictures Not As Good As Point and Shoot?