Saturday, December 29, 2012

Nikon D3000 features help?

So my mom recently bought me the Nikon d300. Now I love photography but this is my first real "big time" camera since I'm 15 and irresponsible. I have a 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm as well. I was trying to take a picture of rain drops on a window but when I use both lens (on all modes) it just focuses and skips right past the drops and onto the big picture like the tree behind it and stuff. Or another thing if I get real close, it just looks like bubble wrap or something. How do I get it to focus on the raindrops. Like is there certain settings to put it on and stuff? I'm a complete novice at this stuff.
Added (1). DEAD - I'm right up close to the window. Like about 1 foot or something And how would I put it on that manually focus?
>>> Nikon D3000 features help?