Thursday, December 20, 2012

Why cant my Nikon D700 control the aperture of my 24-70 f2.8?

I bought a 24-70 f2.8 from ebay. I put it on the D700 and I couldn't see through the view finder or focus because it was to dark.It appeared that the aperture was closed down and the camera was unable to open it up. I took the lens off and fiddled and put it back on again and it started to work.

Yesturday I did a shoot with large external strobes. The camera was set to the correct exposure which was iso 200, ss200, f8 but the image was over exposed. I changed all the settings on the camera going up to f22 and even going into 'P' mode but the exposure of the final image remained in altered.

Anyone know what is going on. Presumably there's a connection problem or the aperture is physically sticking?
>>> Why cant my Nikon D700 control the aperture of my 24-70 f2.8?