Wednesday, January 30, 2013

First Nikon d5100 lens upgrade?

I have the kit 18-55mm lens, but I'm not satisfied with its low light performance or its limited zoom abilities.

For low light as well as great overall performance, I am considering the 35 mm prime lens. I've heard great things about it. Thoughts?

For a sharper and more versatile lens with zoom capabilities, I am thinking about trading in my 18-55mm (I know it isn't worth much) and opting for either the 16-85mm, the 18-105mm, the 18-135mm or the 18-200 mm. Which of these, in your experience, would be the most useful and versatile? Which of these is the sharpest?

Overall, I am looking for two great travel lenses that can accomplish a lot without having to lug a mountain of gear around with me.
Added (1). Edwin,

thanks for the response. Assuming that the 35mm helps me out with low light for now, which of those other lenses would be best for a nice zoom range, low lighting not being a factor?
>>> First Nikon d5100 lens upgrade?