Saturday, January 26, 2013

Laptop keeps telling me to Format SD Card?

Hello, i've recently bought the nikon d3100 and i'm still getting used it it, the other day i was out taking photos and wanted to look back at them on my laptop. However, when i put the sd card(4gb) in it said it needed formating, and i knew that meant erasing everything.

So i figured there's be some wiz programme which would help me get the photos off it so i left it for now, just tried my (2gb) one and it says the same thing. There's nothing on this card so i clicked 'format' and it said 'unable to complete format' so i looked up how to do it in my camera, and i did it.

But it's still coming up when i put it into the laptop.
And i have used this 4gb card before, when i first bought the camera i took a few test shots of my dog on that card and it worked fine then.

Does anyone know what's going wrong?

Thank you!
>>> Laptop keeps telling me to Format SD Card?