Thursday, January 10, 2013

Nikon D3100 and Nikon AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Lens?

Hi,

I have very little idea about compatibility with SLR cameras, so I am wondering if these will be compatible together. I need a lens that is good for close-up shots and this was the lens I found. If it's not compatible or you think I should change one of the two parts can you recommend me something else? My budget is £500. The camera will be used to take pictures of small (and sometimes moderately sized) artifacts to be listed on eBay and possibly used in other situations (hence I haven't gone for higher MP), but it will likely be used for close-ups on nature as well (but this is just a secondary aim). Any help is welcome or recommendations for whatever else I may need, specifically a flash, or light I can use which produces natural looking light would be helpful.

Thank you in advance!
>>> Nikon D3100 and Nikon AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Lens?