Saturday, February 9, 2013

DSLR shutter/aperture settings for different focal lengths?

I'm getting confused with my Nikon DSLR shutter/Aperture settings in manual mode.

So the longer the focal lenth, the higher the shutter speed the higher you need the aperture?
e.g. 200 focal lenth shutter 1/4000 F3.2?

So if somebody is running fast in the dark, I would set the f2.8 and shutter 1/1000 ISO 1600
but will the focal length of my lens affect this?

I need like a more precise chart eg: in door concert this setting…
out door football game this setting …
Night time out door portrait …

If Im shooting a concert and zoom in to 50 mm can I leave the settings to f2.8 1/125 ISO 1600
as it's dark and the musicians are moving fast? if I zoom back to 135mm would I have to change the settings again.
>>> DSLR shutter/aperture settings for different focal lengths?