Saturday, February 2, 2013

How often do entry-mid level DSLRs go on sale on Newegg.com?

So my SLR style Panasonic Point and shoot recently crapped out on me, but U had the replacement plan so i have $280 in a new egg gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Was thinking of upgrading to a DSLR, and don't mind paying a bit more to do it, obviously.but don't want to buy and miss out on a deal. I am mainly looking at the Canon T3i which is selling for 649.99, though most online retailers have it for 599 or lower. What are the odds that this model, or something comperable like the T2i, Nikon 3200 or 5100 get into the 400-550 range on newegg anytime soon? The main things I am looking at is a MP rating at least as high as my panasonic was (14.2), full HD video and solid performance in higher ISOs. Was also considering compact mirrorless, micro 4/3 cameras but it seems like the quality is simply not quite at DSLR level yet. Any advice on any of this from camera selection, potential price points or mirrorless compact vs. DSLR would be greatly appreciated.
>>> How often do entry-mid level DSLRs go on sale on Newegg.com?