Wednesday, March 13, 2013

How important is image stabilization for shooting video using DSLRs?

I have researched a bit more since my last question, which was mainly, what camera I should get to start serious filming with. Now I have come across a few models at different prices like, Nikon D3200, Nikon D5200 and the classic D7000, which all seem to have autofocus for video, although I reckon I would still have to buy a good AF-S lens for them… and then I see that their common weaknesses include "no image stabilization"… so it may sound silly but, what difference will image stabilization make to photos or video? Why is it that plain digital cameras have image stabilization and the newest or high-end models of Nikon don't?
How would I deal with lack of image stabilization, if I bought any of those? I am still thinking about it, because they have a lot more pros than cons regarding video.

См. статью: How important is image stabilization for shooting video using DSLRs?