Sunday, March 24, 2013

What lens shall I get for my Nikon D3100?

I have a Nikon D3100 and I am currently using the lens that came with it when I bought it - the Nikon DX 18-55mm 1.3.5-5.6 lens.
I want something with a shallow depth of field. A lot of people have reccomended the Nikon 50mm 1.8 lens, but i'd like to get something a little better than that as its only £80?
I am going to stay using Nikon body's so this lens will stay with me forever meaning I don't mind spending a lot on the lens. I'd like something that's quite recent. (2011 or above)?
I don't want a fixed focal length / prime lens.
I know what's better sigma or nikon?
I'm not too educated on lenses as you can tell, but I basically just want an all round better lens with a shallower depth of field.
I am open to different suggestions and ideas, links and photo examples are welcome!

Thank you in advance.
Added (1). "I do not know how you would expect a "better lens" that would cost less than the 50 mm"

- I said I am willing to spend a lot on the lens, I am willing to pay up to £250!

Thanks

См. статью: What lens shall I get for my Nikon D3100?