Monday, April 1, 2013

Aperture ring lock on Sigma 70-300mm lens?

I have a Sigma 70-300mm lens for Nikon.It is giving me an error which generally means that one does not have the aperture ring locked. I would love to lock the ring but I cannot figure out how to. Does anyone here have this lens and have advice on how to fix it?

Here is a link to the manual (thank you Gary Huston)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gary-huston/sets/72157624258572580/with/4693611986/

The aperture issue is listed on page 2:
<For Nikon AF/MF, Minolta MF>
When you use the program exposure mode or the Shutter speed priority auto mode, the Diaphragm control ring must be set to the smallest F-stop (i.e.largest number). All Nikon AF/MF lenses have a safety button which should be moved to the lock position (fig2).

And on page one, fig2 is shown an aperture ring and its lock button.

I have the Nikon version of this lens. "All Nikon AF/MF lenses have a safety button which should be moved to the lock position (fig2)." I cannot find either the aperture ring or safety button. How is it possible I can't find this component of my lens? I should note that I had this problem a few years back, remember finding a switch, switching it and the problem was solved. I really wish I remember how I did that…

Super thanks to anyone who can solve this mystery.

См. статью: Aperture ring lock on Sigma 70-300mm lens?