Friday, May 31, 2013

Advice on selecting a lens?

Hi everyone, I've been looking into purchasing a portrait lens and was hoping I could get some input based on knowledge/experience.My portraits consist of infants, maternity, family, and children/toddler. I mostly take pictures of babies and toddlers. I've been reading some reviews on portrait lenses and I keep finding great reviews on the Nikon 50mm f/1.4G and the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8. I'm leaning more towards the Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 but not sure. I own a Nikon D60 and my lenses are 18-55mm 3.5-5.6g (this one came with the camera and is what I'm currently using), and have a Nikon 55-300mm 4.5-5.6g. When I think about purchasing the lens, polarizer, and filter; I think I should start off with the 50mm. I'm thinking about selling my 55-300 mm 4.5-5.6g lens since I never use it to save/purchase the Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 in the future. I really just want to make the right choice for my first portrait lens and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

См. статью: Advice on selecting a lens?