Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Getting into Pet Photography?

I'd love to get into some pet photography. Maybe some very cheap or free shots to start off with. I was thinking about simply taking photos of animals for my local shelter for free (biggest one in my state however), just to get some practice. Eventually after time hopefully getting a name for myself and being able to charge even a small sum of money.

I own a Nikon D90 and now about ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed etc.Is there any other settings or camera specific things I should read up on or learn? Do you think this is an okay camera for the work I want to do or should I get a better camera? Is there any pet specific things I should read up on also?

I'm not afraid of animals (unless they are really big spiders, haha) and know the basics of training for mostly all animals. I can also do some work with Photoshop (Medium experience).

http://i40.tinypic.com/34pkl6s.png - Some examples. I know these photos are less than average but I am still learning and these were all I had on my SD card at the moment. Thanks! :)

См. статью: Getting into Pet Photography?