Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Photographing an indoor party with no external flash?

Hi, I am relatively new to doing photography professionally. I've been enjoying it as a hobby for a little under two years.My typical paid shoots are newborn or children portraiture and theyre usually outdoor sessions. I've only photographed one indoor party, a sweet 16. I have a nikon d70, and two nikon lenses, one is wide angle, the other has much more zoom. When I photographed the sweet 16, I was using my friends nikon external flash. I do not own one my self, I had a no brand name flash and it broke and money's tight. I am shooting a corporate party tonight from 6 to 930, it will be a comfortable, relaxed job.It is being held at an indoor venue, I believe a restaurant or catering hall of some type.Im just supposed to be tajong candid party shots, about 100 shots are what theyve requested for the 3 hour party.My question is- what is the best way to shoot an indoor party without external flash? I have the built on flash on my camera, but I hate using it. I've only used it under 10 times since I've owned this camera. Preferred settings? (I use manaul) light tricks? (I have a reflector, I was told not to bring anything bulky like that, just camera & me). I was hired for this job by another photographer who was supposed to do the party himself and is unable to. He likes my work so he asked me to cover it for him. I agreed and told him how I have no flash and he said it was fine. I don't want to mess this up, since its only my second time shooting a party. Please give as much basic, detailed advice that you are able to! Thank you, sorry this is last notice! Www.flickr.com/artsyphotoss

См. статью: Photographing an indoor party with no external flash?