Thursday, May 2, 2013

What lens is best for me?

I am a passionate hobbyist, and am looking to add some gear to my camera bag.
My skills are not amateurish, but unfortunately I have a very tight budget so my gear is…
*Nikon D7100
*Tamron 28-75 F/2.8

I want to add a telephoto lens for portraiture and wildlife, only thing is I cannot decide which one, my budget is about $800 and I don't mind buying something used if I have to.

Here are some that I was considering:

#1..Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 (non vr) $770 new

#2..Nikon 80-200 f/2.8d ed af $770 used

#3.: Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR1 $1, 300 used

If you have opinions on any of these lenses or better suggestions I would much appreciate them.

NOTES:

I understand the crop ratio of my dx sensor camera.

I don't mind heavy or long lenses, so those are not cons for me.

I prefer constant apertures, especially 2.8 or faster.

Wider aperture is more important than Vibration Reduction in my opinion, and VR is not a necessity.

And obviously my #3 choice of lens is way out of my price range, and will take a few extra months before I can afford… In your opinion is it worth the wait?
Added (1). I do use manual override often, so if you have a the telephoto Tamron is the focus sharp and accurate enough that I won't miss that feature too much?

См. статью: What lens is best for me?