Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Difference between 50mm DX and FX?

So I have a Nikon D3100 camera (DX) and I'm thinking of getting a 50mm prime as my first lens (other than the kit lens) however Nikon doesn't sell a 50mm DX lens as far as i can tell. I know some people say it does make a difference and others say it doesn't, so I'm confused.if I use a 50mm FX lens on my DX camera will it be exactly as it would be if i had a 50 mm DX lens on my DX camera.will it crop it at all? please explain it too.thanks! :D
Added (1). I'm thinking of getting the Nikon 35 mm DX lens, but if i can get a 50mm i think that would be a better use of my money, i can only get one or the other not both.
Added (2). So, Andrew, I'm still a little confused.if i get a 35mm DX for my DX camera it'll show up as a 35 mm should.but if i get a 50mm fx for my DX camera will it seem like i cropped it? my goal is to have the equivalent of a 50mm on my DX, not only in view angle and focal length but also the zoom or closeness of what I'm photographing.

См. статью: Difference between 50mm DX and FX?