Thursday, June 27, 2013

For people who know Pentax Digital SLRs.?

I'm virtually brand new to Digital and Film SLRs, but I was hoping to dig a bit deeper into my photography. I put up a question involving what type of Canon or Nikon I might be able to use to take pictures of a few things, but I was pointed in the direction of Pentax instead.

In order to take pictures of the following, what types of lenses should I get?
-Aquarium pictures
-Small and large wildlife from far away and close up
-Pictures during the day and at night, in bright reflective light and in shadow
-Photos of people modelling

If I can find lenses that are compatible with the K-30, I'd be more likely to get more than one. Someone suggested I stay away from zooming lenses, so these were what I had my eye on so far:

-smc PENTAX DA 35mm F2.4AL
-smc PENTAX DA 50mm f/1.8
-smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro
-PENTAX 06 TELEPHOTO ZOOM

These are rather expensive, so if all I need are the 35, 50, and telephoto lens--then I can probably afford them all now, but I want to do this right.So if people think I should do the 35, 50, and macro lenses, then I will.
Added (1). That would be why I re-iterated the question in a fresh post. :3

I'm BRAND new to even semi-professional photography, so please bring this kind of thing to my attention.

I can nix the 35, 50 and telephoto, which leaves me with the macro. That's fine. I'll look into a 300mm lens that's good for wildlife, preferably with a zoom.

As for prices, yes I have compared things. I'm in so far over my head with all of these different specifications and what they do and what I need and what I don't, that I just want to find something a little better than a beginner's DSLR for me to take these kinds of photos with.

Looks like I shouldn't even bother with trying to set a price range until I take a class or something. These are so far beyond anything I understand.
Added (2). If the smcP D-FA 50mm f2.8 Macro is a better choice than the rest and I need a 300mm, it's already going to be huge. Will the smc Pentax DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED work? As far as anything else I need (like for super close-up work right up against aquariums and such to get good photos of smaller fishes), do you have any suggestions?

См. статью: For people who know Pentax Digital SLRs.?