Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Best way to create large hi-Res AO size prints?

I want to create some very large (AO size or larger) (33" x 46"?) prints of interiors and possibly from a trip to Egypt.

The two ways I have thought are -

1. Nikon D800 with high quality lens. (Probably turning the camera through 90 degrees and creating a series of photos that can be 'stitched' in software to make very high res.panoramic shots)

2. Large format 5" x 4" camera with a wide angle lens around 90mm. Obviously there is then the cost of getting the transparencies scanned and digitized.

If I go for option 1 -
what focal length to use to take each photo to make the panoramas? 35 - 50mm?
Best quality lens to use?

If I go for option 2 -
How much $ for a reasonably good 5 x 4 camera and lens?
How much $ to get each transparency scanned and digitised? Would it be worth buying a scanner?

I have considerable funds and I have thought about medium format but the cost is astronomical.

См. статью: Best way to create large hi-Res AO size prints?