Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Can I use the SB800 flash without batteries inside, if I'm using an external battery pack?

I have the Nikon SB800 flash, and the Quantum Turbo SC external battery, (which I use with my Nikon D90.) My flash was overheating with the batteries inside, and one of them actually popped inside the flash, which had to be cleaned for spills. After that incident the flash works, but it's faulty, the flash releases randomly with new batteries inside. So my hope is that I could override the necessity of batteries inside, since the external battery would provide plenty of power to operate the flash by itself. With that in mind, when I try to turn on the flash without the batteries inside, only the external one nothing happens, whomp! Any similar experiences or solutions would greatly help, Thanks!

Читать далее: Can I use the SB800 flash without batteries inside, if I'm using an external battery pack?