Friday, March 14, 2014

Camera settings for newborn photo shoot?

What camera settings do you recommend for photographing newborns indoors with natural available window light?
I am thinking ISO 400-600, F1.4-2.8, 1/125 sec?
Spot metering or dynamic metering and why?
Single focus or continous focus?

* With newborns, I find myself placing the focal point on the eye closest to the camera and then while keeping the shutter pressed half way down recomposing the shot with rule of 1/3rd and pressing shutter completely to take the shot. In order to do this technique must I shoot in single focus area mode? If I were to use this technique in continuous focus area mode would I loose the sharp focus obtained from the eye when I recompose because the camera would then focus on the new focus point I recomposed the camera too?
Thanks for your help and suggestions
**I shoot with a Nikon D300

Читать далее: Camera settings for newborn photo shoot?