Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Vlogging, yay or nay?


I'm a 15 y/o guy from Greece. I have 2 Youtube channels, 1 of which is pretty successful. The problem is, most of it's success is due to real life friends 80% or 85%. So there's a few "strangers" that appreciate/have noticed my stuff. The successful channel has to do with short films. The other one is just personal small length funny gaming mostly videos. I've been watching vloggers on Youtube for a long time, and since this year I've been asking myself if I wanted to try out vlogging. The more I think about starting vlogging the more I think I should forget it. These are the cons that I came up with:
1) Limited everyday life. I'm in school, and will keep being for another 2 years until I go to College, no driver's license (The age restriction in Greece is over 18). So in school weeks, its pretty much my day after school. 3:45 until I go to sleep.
2) Possible hate wave from school students. It's my first year in the school I'm going to now, I'm friends with most of my peers, but there is the occasional bastard that I could easily punch.
3) No camera for the time being. I have a DSLR Nikon, but it's no good for vlogging, except if I want to look even more silly walking down the streets of Athens (People here are not so familiar with vlogging).
Recap: I'm thinking I should wait out until I reach the age of 18. That way, I'm out of school, possibly going to go to University on another country and e.t.c.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Read more: Vlogging, yay or nay?