Saturday, May 31, 2014

Why do people think they're amazing photographers on instagram?

Seriously, we've all seen this: "hey everyone look at this really crappy image of a sunset that I am going to put 3,000,000,000 filters on! WOW so cool!" It's irritating because a phone cameras' quality is abysmal at best, and yet, they think they are amazing photographers. Along with the redundant posting of food, shadows, feet, faces, etc… 99% of the people on instagram don't know what rule of thirds is, or even how to frame an image. I could go out and take a picture of grass with my Nikon D7100, and people would think I'm god, but I don't because that's retarded. I don't even have an instagram, but somehow people's photos leak onto Facebook. And oh god… The horrible depth of field filter! "look at this blurryness on this image with this atrocious filter!" A) it's called bokeh B) that image is as sharp as a wooden sword C) there is so much grain I can't even tell what the image is D) the white balance is off E) over saturated and F) why is the subject in the center of the frame. I could go on and on, but what do you guys think? Has instagram ruined what amateur photography is about?

on a side note, people don't even go out and buy DSLRs they just use their garbage phone camera.
Added (1). It's not the images I have a problem with (some I do like food). It's the people who think their images are stellar works of art.
Added (2). Joedh, I care because it's people like them who give amateur photography a bad name. Also, as soon as you go above what seems to be iso 300 on a phone camera, the grain starts to get really heavy. If you compare the worst dslr (nikon/canon) to you average Iphone camera, then the Iphone camera doesn't even compare to the DSLR.

Read more: Why do people think they're amazing photographers on instagram?