Sunday, June 22, 2014

Help importing pictures on computer?

Okay, so I have a Nikon D3200 camera, with a 32GB SD card. Every time I plug the card into the memory card slot on the side of the computer, a dialogue box pops up asking me options to import pictures. I follow the common motions, tag the pictures, etc. Have done so over 30 times, importing a little under 3,000 pictures in total. However, the other day, I plugged the SD card into the computer and accidentally closed the dialogue box. I cannot get it to come back. I have taken the card out, wiped off the connection points, and done so to those in the card slot in the computer. I have turned the computer off and back on. I plugged it into a friend's computer, the dialogue box came up, and I could import them. Can somebody help me figure out why this box wont come up anymore? My computer doesn't even recognize that the SD card is plugged in anymore. No it has not been dropped or damaged. It all simply stems from me accidentally closing the box out. I could really appreciate the help. I am bad with computers, and absolutely cannot figure it out on my own. I have comsulted Windows help, and it gave me absolutely no solutions. I have 300 photos from a recent grad party that NEED to be dumped onto MY computer asap. Please help
Added (1). Is it possible the card was denied access in security settings somehow when I closed out the dialogue box? If so, how would I go about resetting this (possibly restoring defaults or allowing the card access)?

Read more: Help importing pictures on computer?