Sunday, June 1, 2014

Newly graduated, time for a better camera?

Okay, so I just graduated from Temple U's JRN program, and I have a cheap Sony cyber shot camera that I'm seriously just sick of. I want a camera with a faster shutter speed and that'll take good stills. I'm a good photographer, but this camera really just has to go.

I just graduated, so if you can keep me out of the thousands, I'd appreciate it. Nothing uber fancy. That's not necessary. Just something that'll give me a clear shot and if add ons for it wouldn't cost a fortune that's a definite plus.

Thanks!
Added (1). Why are you being so damn condescending? My camera was a piece of crap. It was super old and the flash didn't work properly. I'm actually a good photographer, and I've taken some damn good pictures even with this. I have the grades and work experience to show for it. I don't need to prove anything to you. I never said my pictures sucked. I hate the camera. I actually studied this. I know how to handle a camera. I just want a better device. If you want to be an asshole, just don't respond.
Added (2). I looked at the Nikon D5200, and it was pointlessly expensive. I was already looking at a dslr, and I just wanted one that will last. I travel a lot and I don't want to buy something that'll easily get messed up. We didn't learn much about the difference between cameras at TU. Just technique and shot types. That's why I'm lost on what to get. Reviews haven't been too helpful.
Added (3). Why would I brag about graduation? Graduating with a Journalism degree isn't special. It's not like it's medicine. The first update was because the first answer attacked me. In the second update, I said that we weren't taught much about differences with camera. We just learned how to shoot with different techniques that make a photo turn out good. You don't need an expensive camera to take good pictures. I used a school dslr because even my teacher said my camera was just not working out.
Added (4). Also, I don't need anything fancy. I need something that won't lag and delete pictures for no reason and will last. Snowwillow, my friend has a T3i, and she said it works well. I'll check that out, thank you.
RetiredPhil, thank you lol. Just a JRN degree, nothing special. Yeah, I think I'll go with the T3i. I tested it out, and it was good. My only issue with it is that it seems like it isn't something that'll last. I'll look into it.
Thank you both for just being helpful.
Added (5). And awffy, the Nikon was 600 just the body. How is that cheap? It'd take me up to like 800 to get the camera. Like I said, I'm fresh out of school. I'm trying to keep it down. And not knowing much about camera differences doesn't make me a bad photographer. I just liked the dslr I used in school and I want to buy a good one for myself.

Read more: Newly graduated, time for a better camera?