Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Thinking about switching to Canon DSLR… Should I?

Hi everyone,

So because of costs, I've been talked out of getting a full-frame (guess, I'll just save up over the next few years).

But, I feel like crossing the road over to Canon… Any thoughts?

I own a Nikon D5200 with a the 35mm f1.8 Nikkor lens and the Tokina 11-16mm DX II AF lens. I love my D5200, but after seeing Canon cameras in action, I kind of want to switch.

I find the tiny viewfinder on my D5200 annoying (not sure the Canon crop-sensor viewfinders are any better) and the thing is pretty loud. I do a lot of indoor photography at church, so it's bothersome when I try to take a picture of someone praying (more of a "clunk" thank a "snap"). I also find something about Canon image processing to be more aesthetically pleasing, whereas I appreciate the technical specs of my Nikon and the consistency in metering.

Should I sell my stuff and get a Canon 60D? If I do, what lenses would I need to buy to get a similar setup to my current one?

Sample of my work:
http://joejyoo.deviantart.com/gallery/48529639/PHOTOGRAPHY
Added (1). Er, meant the Canon 70D
Added (2). Full frame would be nice, but I just don't have $3000 to invest in body and lenses.

What I'm planning to do is sell my current gear and start over with Canon.

Read more: Thinking about switching to Canon DSLR… Should I?