Friday, August 1, 2014

Confused between 35mm vs 50mm prime?

I am confused between buying a 35mm prime and 50mm prime for my new DSLR Nikon D5300.

I know the difference between these lenses. 50 mm will act like a 75mm which is perfect for close up or half body portraits. I am aware that on my system the 35mm will act nearly as a 50mm lens, which is a standard lens and close to what human eye sees.

But I am confused that which lens will I be needing more in my daily life. I will do portraits but groupies or street photographs as well.

Needless to say that I have 2 zoom lenses 18-55 & 55-200 which will cover all my needs, but I want one prime lens which will provide superior pics to zoom lenses.

Being a newbie to DSLR I know that I won't be shooting models most of the time, rather I will be shooting my friends and colleagues more. But it is also true to create an impression and attract models one need to capture good portraits.

Reading all these please suggest me which prime lens should I go for and why.
P.S.: I need to buy it urgently.

Read more: Confused between 35mm vs 50mm prime?