Thursday, August 7, 2014

Is it worth upgrading from the Nikon d3000 to later models?

I have had the D3000 for about 4 years now and I find it quite limiting in it's manual mode. I'd like to learn more about proper photography rather than "point and shoot" but I feel like the D3000 is not very comprehensive when it comes to manual mode. Firstly am I just making this up?
And if I were to upgrade, what camera would you suggest? I was looking at the D5100 but I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading to that since it seems pretty similar to the D3000 (correct me if I'm wrong?)
I was also considering the D7000 but I don't have a lot of experience shooting in manual mode. Will the step up be too complicated or should I just try it?
(only really looking for Nikons.)
Thank you!

Read more: Is it worth upgrading from the Nikon d3000 to later models?