Sunday, August 31, 2014

Recommended Lens for Nikon D300?

I am planning to get a used Nikon D300 body. I am planning to purchase some lens.

I was suggested by one of my friends to get a prime lens and a zoom lens. However, I'm not too sure which one should I get.

I have did some research and I found that the 35mm and the 50mm prime lens are the more preferable ones. I have some confusion regarding which focal length should I take (1.4 or 1.8) and also the D or G version.

This will be my first time indulging in DSLR. I am planning to learn most of the different kinds of photography such as landscape, portraits, the 'bokeh' effect, long exposure shots, low-light photography, and perhaps timelapse.

Are there any suggested lens for the Nikon D300? I have a budget of roughly USD 300 to 400. As I am aware that lenses can be reused and I hope that I could get some quality ones so that I could use them for another 5 years. (I am planning to change the body after 1 - 2 years when I have learnt most of the photography stuff). Whether it is a used or new lens, it doesn't really matter to me as long as I could use them and learn the required skills.

Thank you.
Added (1). * Also, it seems that lenses with AF-S are more costly compared to the AF only ones. What is it used for and does it really matter in my case, say the D300 with a built in AF motor?

Read more: Recommended Lens for Nikon D300?