Thursday, September 11, 2014

My PocketWizard Plus III radio slaves are giving me trouble. Can someone help?

I'm using three PocketWizard Plus III's, an SB-700, and an SB-600 with my Nikon D610. I'm also using these hot shoe sync cables for the flashes: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/421306-REG/Paramount_PMPWMHSF1_Miniphone_Pocket_Wizard_to.html

So basically what happens is, I'll be on a shoot and everything is working fine, and suddenly one of my flashes will start to rapidly fire really quickly. Then nothing. I'll start having trouble getting that radio slave to receive or transmit anything. Then I'll go home, and fiddle with it and somehow get it to work again, but I don't have time to do that when I'm on a shoot with a client. I'm not sure what it is I do that fixes it. I need to have a better understanding of what's going wrong, and what I can do to fix it. Has anyone had this problem? Or does anyone have an idea what the trouble might be?

Thanks so much!

Read more: My PocketWizard Plus III radio slaves are giving me trouble. Can someone help?