Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Recommended camera for beginning hobbyist around $500?

My girlfriend and I are looking for a camera that we can use to take pictures of family and vacations that won't have blur and would be a good camera to learn basic photography techniques (using the cameras settings rather than turning the dial and hitting click.) I used my father's Canon Rebel T5i and found that it took great pictures and might be considering that, but that is the only camera I've used sans my phone's camera and I know there are, or could be, better options. I've been reading reviews on the Rebel line (t3i, t5i, slr) as well as Nikon, specially the Nikon 3300. We're looking to spend in the $350 to $600 range. I've noticed bundles that include filters, cleaning kits, additional lenses, ect. So that could come into cost if worthy and pointed in the right direction but isn't important. Any input is most appreciated.

Examples of main use:
Football games
Kids playing in the yard
Scenic opportunities - mountains, wildlife, nature (we live in Colorado haha)
Vacation moments
Hanging out with friends
Eventually I would like to take a more artistic approach to those examples, hence fourth the move from camera phone to mid range budget.
Thanks again for any help.

Read more: Recommended camera for beginning hobbyist around $500?