Friday, November 28, 2014

Is the Nikon D3200 better than my old Nikon D40x?

I still love my D40x and get nice photos from it, but it is 9 years old and I'm wondering how it compares to the 3200 or around that price range… Not sure if I should upgrade… I'm looking at a nice black friday deal on a D3200. I shoot at professional levels with the D40x, engagement shoots, newborn shoots, modeling tests, etc. I'd like to shoot for magazines some day, so should I just wait and save up for something like the 750? I don't want to waste money, I just really LOVE photography, it's like breathing for me, and it excites me. I'm going through chemo right now so shooting professionally again is going to be a while. I did the engagement shoots and newborn shoots etc during college. Then I got sick… I'm hoping to aim for my dream and step it up once I get better, but that'll be about a year from now, most likely.

So… Thoughts?

Read more: Is the Nikon D3200 better than my old Nikon D40x?