Monday, March 9, 2015

Is color depth in DSLR cameras are a big deal?

Is color depth in DSLR cameras a big deal? I just bought my canon 500D. And i notice that its color depth is only 21.7. I just recently notice it after i look into the reviews. Its my fault not looking on the reviews much early, you cant blame me cuz i dont know much about SLR's or any website about it.T_T.now, sometimes i cant help to feel bothered about the color depth thing because when i look on reviews on other SLR cameras.(based on the website snapsort.com). They have much more color depth than mine regardless that some of them already old models. For example the canon 450D (color depth of 21.9), the canon 1000D (color depth 22), the nikon D3000 (color depth 22.3), the nikon D5000 (color depth 22.7) and the latest nikon D3100 which was released recently and is much cheaper with the color depth of 22.5).

does this really affect the overall quality of the picture? Is color depth a big deal on it? Thanks in advance. :)
Added (1). Does my camera has an OK color depth with 21.7? Or is it below average and poor? Im sorry if im asking silly questions. Im still an amateur when it comes to photography and cameras. :(
Added (2). Sometimes i cant help to notice the difference with my shots (canon 500D) and my friend shots (nikon d3100). I find his shots much more colorful and sharp. :(

Read more: Is color depth in DSLR cameras are a big deal?