Monday, May 18, 2015

Old Flash New Camera: Trigger Voltage for the Nimslo Opti-Lite / Nikon / Fuji X100s?

Hello, I recently bought a Nimslo Opti-Lite external flash, (comes with the Nimslo 3D film camera). I am aware that many old flashes are dangerous to use on new electronic cameras because of excessive trigger voltage. The cameras I intend to use it on are my Nikon D7000 and Fuji X100s. I have heard Nikons can handle a decent amount of trigger voltage, (some where around 6v) and also recall the X100s having a bit less (around 4), that is if I remember correctly. I know you that I can buy a flash voltage protecter but would not want to if I do not have too.

Primarily interested with Dual Flashes, I was also looking into lights like the Nishika Twin Light 3010 and the Albinar 100MDT-Twin Bounce Flash.

I have an old flash cable and was also wondering if I were to use that, would it alter the voltage the camera receives, making it safer.

I also have a pair of wireless speed lights and was wondering if the old flash could somehow damage the receiver that it's plugged onto?

If anybody can give me any information about voltage for the Nimslo, the Albinar, the Nisika, other similar flashes, voltage protectors, alternative solutions, etc… I would really appreciate it!
Added (1). I really appreciate all the help so far from everyone! Thank you very much for all of the advice and suggestions. I will definitely look into buying a voltage reducer and will also try to test the voltage on the Nimslo.

Thanks Again!

Read more: Old Flash New Camera: Trigger Voltage for the Nimslo Opti-Lite / Nikon / Fuji X100s?