Sunday, June 21, 2015

Can I point my Nikon d5300 up at the sun?


I've been into photography for a few years now and I just recently upgraded to a Nikon d5300. All of my other cameras have been "point and shoot" so they weren't very expensive. Now that I have a very nice dslr, I want to make sure that I take very good care of it. I've been trying to do some research, but haven't found any definitive answers.

And when I say "pointing it up at the sun" I mean at sunset/sunrise. I like to take a lot of golden hour photos. I already know not to point a camera up around the noon hour of the day. I have the Nikkor 18-140mm lens and the Nikkor 50mm lens, are these safe to use in the sun? Also, I do have UV filters on both lenses ( I know they don't do much, but I'm using them for protection right now until I can get some better filters)

Sorry if this is a novice question, but I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing for my camera. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Read more: Can I point my Nikon d5300 up at the sun?