Monday, June 8, 2015

Using a 35mm as a walk about lens for Musems, Beach, sight seeing etc?


Hello,
I bought a D5100 about a year ago and have been using a 50-200mm lens for taking photos of birds in the backgarden.
However, in a few weeks time I will be taking my family to Devon for a weeks holiday.
I wanted to pick up a semi decent lens that I can use for family photos, local attractions like museums, Beach photos, scenary etc.

I tried a friends £600 zoom lens (17-70) and found it to be pretty good but I always stuck around 20-40mm. However, this is majorly out of my price range and like I say never felt the need to go high than 40mm.
I was just wondering has any one used a 35mm as a walk about lens? Do you feel a 35mm would be good for the above situations? I have seen quite a few for under £200, all with great reviews.

Read more: Using a 35mm as a walk about lens for Musems, Beach, sight seeing etc?