Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Which camera to buy: Canon EOS 1200D DSLR or Sony Alpha3000(A3000) Mirrorless?


I have a set budget and confused which one to go for. I am a photography enthusiast and need the camera for personal reasons, not proffesional photography

I am a die-hard Canon fan, I have used cheap digicams from Canon that has taken excellent shots, I have tried Nikon and Fujifilm cameras too but both have really bad quality, I really think Canon is the best

however I have recently noticed Sony mirrorless cameras are capable of taking excellent,HD quality pictures

recently a friend of mine got the Alpha3000 and her pictures are just out of the world quality such clarity,detail excellent pictures

keep in mind this friend is a begineer and has in the past taken shitty pics with nikon camera so it is surely the camera that is good and not the photographer, she is an amateur begineer,more so than me

however the sony is a mirrorless camera, and I want a proper DSLR, the 1200D is an entry level DSLR but still a DSLR means many features and options to work your skills

Currently I do not have budget for more high end DSLRs

Please suggest
Added (1). also both camera have a 18-55 mm lense, however I can buy any canon lense in the future and use with the EOS1200D, with sony I am struck with one lense forever

Read more: Which camera to buy: Canon EOS 1200D DSLR or Sony Alpha3000(A3000) Mirrorless?