Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Is it possible to be a photojournalist AND a journalist?


I want to be a journalist. I am in my second semester of my Bachelor's degree, and already am working with the professor as an assistant for the intro class.

Last semester, I skipped the intro class and went straight into Journalism News writing 2 (head underwater I might say). I came out greater in knowledge and loved every minute of it. The only issue is, no one was taking photographs for the articles. I went out and bought a Nikon D3300 entry-level camera to start picking up the slack.

Almost every page had either my photo or an article I wrote.

So what I am asking, is as a career option-- can a journalist also work as a photojournalist?

Thank you.

Read more: Is it possible to be a photojournalist AND a journalist?