Tuesday, October 20, 2015

How to set up AT897 Line and Gradient Condenser Microphone with Nikon D5300?


I have a passion for photography and films and have recently gotten into the hobby of film-making. For my birthday, my family researched good microphones and bought me the Audio Technica AT897, which has a great reputation. However, as I am only just beginning this hobby, I have very limited knowledge about it and have no idea how to use it, with instructions and the internet not helping too much. I was wondering if there was some way i could mount it to my Nikon d5300 and what cable I would need to connect it? I have no idea how to even turn it on or transfer the audio to my laptop. Do I need a boom pole or a shock mount or can I just attach it to my camera somehow so I don't have to buy all of these things before I can get started?

Read more: How to set up AT897 Line and Gradient Condenser Microphone with Nikon D5300?