Monday, November 23, 2015

Any other scopes in this price range? Should I go better?


So I'm looking around for a scope for my new AR build. I'd say I'll be spending $500+ on the scope at least; probably won't have enough up for it until March of next year since I'm getting irons first. And I'm not sure about the mount I should use. But is a $500 scope good enough on a $1,500 rifle. Some are under the impression I should buy a scope that costs at least $1,500 if not $2,000. But I don't make $250,000 to $1,000,000 a year like they do.

I've been looking at the Leupold Mark AR MOD 1 6-18x 40mm rifle scope with the mil-dot. Granted I am looking at a couple others such as the Nikon M-223 4-16x 42mm but the Leupold stands out the most in my budget range. Wondering if it's any good since it is right at my pricerange. I doubt I'll be taking it out to 800 yards but is that enough or should I budget up to 1k for a scope? Am I going too cheap?

Read more: Any other scopes in this price range? Should I go better?